Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Movies To See List - October

Better late than never. :)

(7th) Good Night, and Good Luck - He may be a pretty boy, but there's an impressive brain and artistic vision beneath George Clooney's salt-and-pepper locks. This is his second directing effort, and it's another true story. Black and white, this time. With Robert Downey, Jr.

(7th) In Her Shoes - Curtis Hanson directing a "chick-flick"? *strokes chin thoughtfully*

(7th) Waiting... - Okay, my better judgement tells me this is not a film worth seeing. However, having worked a long time in food service, I feel dutybound to watch it, just to see if they got anything right about that experience.

(7th) Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit: Doesn't the title just draw you in immediately, like a guy in a dark alley asking if you want some crack?

(14th) Domino - I really hated the trailer for this. ("My name is Domino Harvey. I am a bounty hunter.") But it still looks interesting.

(14th) Elizabethtown - Cameron Crowe *fangirlsOMG*!!!!1!one Ahem, okay. So, even if it didn't star Orlando "I'm too beautiful to be allowed" Bloom, I would still be dying to see this. Crowe has a way of characterization and storytelling that makes you feel like you know his characters. He's like the new Billy Wilder. I'll see anything he makes.

(14th) The Fog - I'm wary about remakes, especially horror remakes and most especially horror remakes where the original is something by a legend like John Carpenter. The filmmakers claim they're going for more story with this one, which can be a good or a bad thing. Here's hoping the title sequence is shorter than the original, at least.

(14th) Where the Truth Lies - It's directed by Atom Egoyan, who is a genius, and it stars Colin Firth and Kevin Bacon. The novel on which it is based was written by that guy who wrote and sang the "Pina Colada" song, but I'll forgive him that, since the novel itself is great. And if that doesn't sell you a ticket, I have three words for you. Colin. Firth. Three-way.

(21st) Stay - Trailer is supa-creepy. It's an interesting change of pace for Marc "Finding Neverland" Forster, too. Also, Ewan McGregor - mmmmmmm...

(28th) Prime - I like the premise. I love Meryl Streep and Uma Thurman. And how cool is it that the actor who plays the love interest was cast while on a reality show about a struggling actor?

(28th) The Weather Man - Okay, Nicholas Cage annoys me. But I think this will be one of those cool, quirky family dramedies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

J'appr�cie toute l'aide que j'ai re�ue.Sincerely, Gabriella thermal imaging marijuana outdoor